Current Open Positions
We are the veterinarians who get on the floor with our patients and carry on as much conversation with the pet as the pet owner. We are focused on compassionate care for each pet. Drawing upon each doctor’s strengths, we routinely consult with the other doctors in the practice.
Our staff is composed of three full-time doctors, a practice manager who supports the staff and their needs, thus allowing the doctors more patient/client time, one veterinary technologist, four veterinary assistants, and two CSRs. We practice with an “attitude of gratitude” for our staff as well as our pet owners. We are blessed to have a competent, compassionate, and content staff to support the doctors, whether it is assisting clients or doctors in the examination room, taking radiographs, placing IV catheters, or monitoring anesthesia. We regularly have staff meetings and “lunch and learn” opportunities to educate and address issues we do well and things we need to improve on. This hospital has a congenial, “hometown feel” where we get to know our clients and their pets with high veterinary contact time.
We would welcome a veterinarian at any experience level to apply, one that is a people person and someone who enjoys educating clients and staff. We are a very client-centric hospital and want doctors and staff to consider these pet owners more as friends than clients. We are seeking a veterinarian that is organized, someone who can prioritize, a collaborator and, most importantly, someone with an enthusiastic sense of humor.
Full and part-time positions available.
About the area: The city of Gulfport is Mississippi’s second-largest city, nestled on the state’s Gulf Coast. The area has long been the summer playground of residents of nearby New Orleans, Baton Rouge, Hattiesburg, and Mobile. The area is full of history, art and culture, seafood restaurants and, of course, beaches and water activities. Outdoor enthusiast will get their share of fun hiking, fishing, kayaking, paddle boarding, boating, sailing, jet-skiing or just lounging on the beach. There are museums, festivals, a new aquarium, and the Lynn Meadows Discovery Center available to children; for adults, the Gulfport-Biloxi region has lots of night life and casinos. Schooling opportunities for children include public or private education and we have a superb junior college and two 4-year colleges in the region.
Visiting Gulfport: https://youtu.be/nNLwsAbRx40
Gulf Coast Mississippi: https://youtu.be/UTPMvwnU_eo
At Northwood Hills, our mission is to improve the lives of veterinarians by providing you with comprehensive benefits*:
- 4-day workweek to promote an excellent work-life balance
- Competitive compensation package
- Ample paid time off
- Generous CE allowances
- No weekends or on-call duty
- Customized mentorship program
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Company paid short-term disability insurance
- Participation in Company’s 401 (k) and/or Roth (k) plan
- 100% Liability Coverage
- Licensure reimbursement
- Relocation assistance available
*Part-time benefits may vary.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability, or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran.
Our practice is excited to add another Veterinary Technician to our team! We believe in a good work life balance. We are a small town clinic with a homey atmosphere. We are looking for an individual who is good at communicating, organization, and multi-tasking, and who is ready to work in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate would have at least 2 years of previous experience in veterinary medicine.
Hospital Hours: Monday – Friday: 7:30am -6:00pm
*Rotating kennel weekend duty*
We are proud to offer our teammates comprehensive benefits:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- 401(k) with match
- 4-day work week
- Exam and Annual bloodwork for your pet (after 90 days)
- Able to perform basic animal handling and restraint
- Be able to accurately position for radiographs
- Assist veterinarians in the practice of veterinary medicine and surgery
- Perform in-hospital lab testing and prepare specimens for outside labs
- Assist veterinarians in outpatient exams by taking histories, vital signs, and weights as well as providing client education
- Collect and prepare diagnostic samples
- Anesthesia monitoring
- Assist in maintaining practice equipment
- Assist veterinarian performing surgery
- Assist veterinarians in any other assigned tasks
- Maintain cleanliness of surgery suite, treatment area, and exams rooms for all surfaces
- Support DEA compliance as it relates to the role
- Any other duties as assigned
- Previous veterinary medicine experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to lift patients and carry equipment up to 40 pounds; ability to lift patients or carry equipment over 40 pounds with assistance
- Practice OSHA safety techniques including proper PPE
- Computer skills, MS office applications, etc.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $14 per hour depending on experience
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Gulfport, MS 39507: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Veterinary technician: 2 years (Preferred)
- Veterinary Technician Certification (Preferred)
Work Location: In person