Current Open Positions
Our practice is excited to add another Veterinary Technician to our team! We are looking for an individual who is good at communicating, organization, and multi-tasking, and who is ready to work in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate would have at least 1-2 years’ previous experience in veterinary medicine.
Hospital Hours: Monday – Friday: 7:30am -6:00pm
*Rotating kennel weekend duty*
Non-credential technicians: starting pay $14
Credentialed technicians: open for discussion based on experience & skills
We are proud to offer our teammates comprehensive benefits:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- 401(k) with match
- 4-day work week
- Able to perform basic animal handling and restraint
- Be able to accurately position for radiographs
- Assist veterinarians in the practice of veterinary medicine and surgery
- Perform in-hospital lab testing and prepare specimens for outside labs
- Assist veterinarians in outpatient exams by taking histories, vital signs, and weights as well as providing client education
- Collect and prepare diagnostic samples
- Anesthesia monitoring
- Assist in maintaining practice equipment
- Assist veterinarian performing surgery
- Assist veterinarians in any other assigned tasks
- Maintain cleanliness of surgery suite, treatment area, and exams rooms for all surfaces
- Support DEA compliance as it relates to the role
- Any other duties as assigned
Client Service Representative
Our practice is excited to add another client service representative to our team! We are looking for an individual who is good at communicating, organization, and multi-tasking, and who is ready to work in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate would have at least 1-2 years’ previous experience in veterinary medicine or medical environment. Reporting into the Practice Manager, the Client Service Representative (CSR), provides an exceptional experience to our clients during every interaction. In addition to continually engaging the client, the CSR performs practice administrative tasks such as record maintenance and appointment tracking. The CSR manages practice reception (visitor and telephone), maintenance of veterinary medical records, accounts maintenance, cash processing, data entry, word processing and mail services. The CSR applies practical knowledge of practice processes and services, the basic rules and regulations governing visitors and animal patient treatment, and veterinary record requirements and terminology to ensure every patient is well-cared for and every client has an exceptional experience.
- Leads practice opening and closing procedures per Practice Manager instructions and practice procedures.
- Ensures all public areas are clean and presentable for patients; cleans and straightens areas including the front desk, reception area, waiting area, office, public bathroom(s) and exam rooms.
- Processes cash, checks, charge card payments and credit account payments.
- Schedules appointments for the clinic adhering to practice and Doctor preferences and ensures appropriate workflow.
- Assists in the updating of client/patient files, as needed.
- Prepares and sends client correspondence.
- Sends reminder notices to clients for periodic notifications; conducts re-calls to clients on a timely basis from a call back list.
- Welcomes clients and patients to the practice with a warm and friendly demeanor and ensures an excellent experience during the practice visit.
- Answers incoming telephone calls applying proper telephone etiquette.
- Presents clients with medications, instructions, new client kits and any other take home items.
- Handles emergency situations with great care, patience, and following established clinic policies and procedures.
- Addresses client concerns in a calm appropriate manner, ensuring every experience ends in satisfaction.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $11.00 – $14.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance